Wednesday 2 February 2011

Scan effect

Hi.

While "playing" with Photoshop I found another way of creating a Scan effect.
Some of you saw my video a few months ago about it, but this technique is very good as well.
These are the steps to create that effect:
-Open an image.
-Create a new layer and fill with 50% grey(Edit->Fill-> Contents use:50% Gray).
-Meke sure you have the default colors, so Black it will be on the foreground and white on the background.If you have different colors just click "D".
-Filter->Sketch->Halftone Pattern.
-In the Halftone Pattern select the Pattern Type to Line and just see what suits you regarding the Size and Contrast.Once you are happy, just click OK.
-Now just go to the Layers pallet and change the blending mode.
-Multiply to a darker effect, including the image.
-Overlay to a subtle effect.
-Soft light to a softer effect compared to overlay.

And of course you can experiment with a different blending mode and with the opacity to create that cool effect.

Here is the video I have done Previosly.
Soon I'll make a video with the technique I mentioned today.

I hope you like it

Take care and see you next time

Miguel


No comments:

Post a Comment